One of the Fastest-Growing Sports in the World
As of late 2011, there were over 4,000 permanent disc golf courses installed in North America, Europe and Asia. That number increases each year as more and more players participate in the sport, both competitively and recreationally.
The Best Recreational Use of Land for Your Investment
A disc golf course represents one of the best investments that can be made by the parks & recreation division of any municipal government. Courses can be installed for far less capital than baseball diamonds or playground equipment, and with minimal construction or alteration of the existing landscape, a disc golf course installation is truly a conservation effort. Disc golf is considered a lifetime fitness activity, promoting an active lifestyle and helping to prevent obesity.
A Disc Golf Course Should Last a Lifetime – Hire an Expert and Get It Done Right!
David McCormack, owner of Gateway Disc Sports and chief course designer, has more than 20 years of experience in disc golf course design and installation and has played more than 426 disc golf courses in North America, Europe, and Japan. He is the leading disc golf course designer in the Midwest, USA and has installed more than 32 disc golf courses. Starting with Creve Coeur Park in St. Louis County, MO in 1989, David has created many of the top courses in the St. Louis area and the Midwest.
There are many reasons why you should hire Gateway Disc Sports to design and install your disc golf course:
- Experience – We have more than two decades of experience in the sport of disc golf and disc golf course design and installation
- Organization – We personally work with municipalities, Parks & Recreation Departments, and other organizations to oversee all course design and installation projects
- Safety – We employ only licensed machine operators and fully insured contractors for all course clearing and/or equipment installation
- Quality – We install only 100% American-made quality Gateway hardware including baskets, directional signs and tee markers
- Turn-Key Operation – Gateway is a full-service company that can handle all aspects of design, planning, installation and maintenance
Once your disc golf course is installed, Gateway can help you organize a grand opening and support local disc golf clubs. Additionally, Gateway organizes the GDS Tour, an annual series of competitive disc golf events catering to recreational and amateur disc golfers, and can sponsor an event to be held at your newly installed local disc golf course.
Contact Gateway Disc Sports Today to Get Started!
With our emphasis on safety, our full range of services, and our experience and proper use of existing geography, Gateway is the right choice to design your disc golf course. Contact Gateway Disc Sports and David McCormack at 314-303-1488 or send an email. We offer quick turnaround on all project proposals.